Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lemonade Mouth

Lastnight while cuddling with my princess we were watching her favorite movie called Lemonade Mouth and it had a lot of different kinds of races and religions in it that caught my eye that I never payed attention to before. For one there is this indian americanized young girl that is struggling between what her parents want her to be and what she wants to be. Her father always mentioned that he didnt work so hard in his other country to move the family here to america so she can throw her life away on boys and music she only needs to focus on her grades and college. But as the movie goes on she finds herself and starts a band and is one of the singers and plays guitar as well and ends up telling her father I will never live up to your expections and you have to except me for who I am an Indian American. It is a very good movie and has a lot of different stories in it, I encourage you all to watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely watch the movie, its so true to what many immigrants and actually non immigrants go through. It is difficult to live up to our parent's expectations. Our parents simply put, come from a different generation thus, some of their expectations maybe slightly off today's expectations in society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this but never put too much thought into. It is alot of disney shows and movies that have alot of different races and religions. It is a good movie to see though.

    ReplyDelete