Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Entitlement

I think some students at this school feel as if they can act anyway they want to because they pay for school, or just have financial aid. Either way people still need to respect their elders and know there rights from wrongs. I heard a student telling a teacher that you do what I say because that is what you get paid for. To me she needs to know her place and respect what the teacher is doing or trying to teach.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Total disrespect in my opinion as well to even make a statement like that. I also feel that many parents have that same mentality when it comes to their kids teachers as well. Everyone wants respect but doesn't seem to know you need to give respect in order to get respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT TEACHER SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE DEAN, AND REPORTED HER
    FOR INSUBORDINATION

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that teacher should have told her that she earns her grades not be given and that teacher should have told a dean. Wow I don't think I be able to just sit there to and listen to that student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have noticed many students are blatantly disrespectful to Professors. Some students in one of my classes yelled at the Professor, stated something similiar to what you experienced, then reported him to the dean.. Many of us are paying much money to attend, but there is no need for disrespect nor the feeling of "ENTITLEMENT". I have also noticed many students are expecting to have the information "spoon fed" to them. I was thinking it was a lack of maturity, but maybe it's just ignorance. This is merely my opinion.

    ReplyDelete